Monday, August 29, 2011

My Life: An Outline

Lots of people have been getting confused about where I am going, when, for how long, and just generally asking me for clarification on all of my plans.... SO I thought I would make a nice little outline for reference. Here's what I am working towards for the next year or so:

1. Kiev, Ukraine
  • Accepted
  • Leaving on September 23rd, returning to USA on December 2oth
  • Teaching English and taking Russian language lessons as an unpaid internship
2. Georgia (the country, not the state in southern USA)
  • Applying, not yet accepted.
  • Would be leaving in January, returning to USA in June, possibly going back to Georgia in September until December 22nd.
  • Teaching English and getting paid!
3. Concordia Language Villages
  • A real job that I do in the Summer, June-July
  • Teaching Russian and being a camp counselor
4. Fulbright in Russia
  • Applying, not yet accepted.
  • Would be leaving September 2012, returning June 2013.
  • Teaching conversational English and American culture in Russian Universities, possibly taking advanced Russian lessons and volunteering with younger kids/orphans.
5. Graduate School
  • Applying eventually, once I get my GRE scores back and finish with my other applications
  • Looking into about a million different schools with Slavic Language programs
  • Start date dependent on Georgia/Fulbright results... also dependent on program acceptance.

So, there's the outline! Doesn't my life have the potential to be really exciting, although very low-income? I'll keep you all updated. For now, we're focusing on Ukraine, and being the cool teacher. I'll save that explanation yet again for another post, so that I have something to post about before I leave (25 days!)

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment