Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Preparations

Ok, so I leave for Kiev in exactly one month today. I am kind of ahead of myself right now, because I feel like I should be leaving, like, tomorrow. Unfortunately I'll just have to wait, and in the meantime I'm trying to get even more excited about it. If I haven't already showed up at your front door and shoved this website in your face, here is the link to the school I'll be at, Nova Mova International Language School: www.learnrussiankiev.com (...that's the site for learning Russian, anyway. The English school page is all in Russian, so I figured you'd rather see this one. It's the same school, just a different language section. They also have Ukrainian, Italian, and Portugese!)


Other preparations include looking at pictures of Kiev (see photo above), thinking about Kiev, talking to people who have been to Kiev, staring at maps of Kiev, and sending emails back and forth to my boss in Kiev. Pretty soon I'll have a photo and a biography on the English school website, so that students can see who their teacher will be --- How cool is that?? I wrote it the other day, in Russian and English. I'm going to be the cool teacher. I'll probably expand on that more in another post.

Anyway, I know you're all bored with reading about the stuff that happens BEFORE I actually get to Ukraine, so I'm trying to contain myself and not write a silly post every day just to say "OMG IM SO EXCITED YAAAAAAY!!!" Please forgive me for any such posts... it's hard to resist.

A final note on preparation: Today I'm having Beef Stroganoff for dinner. Score.

До встречи!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment