Thursday, October 6, 2011

Update update update

Guess what I just did? I just finished teaching a two-week English conversation course. Hurray! It was stressful, but a lot of fun! Next week I'll be giving some individual lessons, and then I start a new two-week course on the 17th. I feel cool.

One of the best things about this week, besides my awesome students, is that I've started taking 1-on-1 Russian lessons --- The group Russian lessons were below my level (ego boost GO). My new teacher is FANTASTIC if only because she is completely hilarious. She speaks a mile a minute, occasionally using French exclamations, and thankfully I understand almost everything she says. She gets REALLY excited whenever she finds something new for me to drool over (like a Russian ballet in town, directions to a good restaurant, or new vocabulary), and she tries to fit as much as possible into our hour-and-a-half lessons ("That's so little time!" she always says). She's got me reading some Bulgakov and some Bunin, brushing up on my reflexive verbs, and she's taking me to a book market tomorrow after class. Super excited.

In other news, this morning I accidentally poured sour milk in my cereal but ate it anyway because I was running late. I also made cheese ravioli the other night that was NOT cheese ravioli --- they sweeten the cheese so it's like a dessert dumpling. Too bad I had already covered it in tomato sauce, sour cream, and gouda. On the other hand, I have discovered instant buckwheat cereal (Grechka) which has always been my favorite thing, and now I can make it in three minutes. Ta-da!

I stay up way too late! Goodnight!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment