Friday, December 2, 2011

T-Gives!

Here's a post about Thanksgiving, before I forget about all of it! Unfortunately, I was REALLY sick last weekend, but something magical happened and I was able to pull myself together for our Multi-cultural Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday afternoon. I got up early, met my cooking partner/co-worker, and started cooking. We may have bought rotisserie chickens from the store to save time, but everything else was made from scratch! Look at this beautiful spread...


Mashed potatoes, stuffing, green-bean casserole, corn, chicken, berry sauce (not cranberries, because I couldn't find any) and mushroom gravy. We also had some beautiful pies, apple and pumpkin. Although there were some troubles with the pumpkin pie, i.e. a baking time of about three hours, it still tasted de-li-cious!

It was really nice to just sit down with all of of my friends, Americans, Italians, and Ukrainians, and share a thanksgiving dinner. We all said what we were thankful for, and most of us were just thankful for having each other for support in this crazy country and with this insane language. Good people. Good times. Good Foooooood :) I'm also thankful that by Tuesday of this week, I was finally feeling well enough to leave my apartment.

Thanks to everyone who reads my blog, to my awesome students who make my work so worthwhile, to my great friends here in Kiev, and to my family back home. Stay tuned for more adventures, and another blog coming in February 2012: "Sarah Chao does Georgia (the country)" Wooooo!

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment